CHICAGO PLANNING COUNCIL
The Chicago Planning Council on Homelessness is a 23-member body whose mission is to understand the progress being made in Chicago toward preventing and ending homelessness.
1. Establish policies, principles and priorities and select the applicant for the Department of Housing and Urban Development SuperNOFA process each year in relation to Chicago’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness, “Getting Housed, Staying Housed.”
2. Establish policies for data release and monitor the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Standard Operating Procedures as approved by the Governing Board of the former Chicago Continuum of Care.
3. Annually oversee the competitive process for State of Illinois Prevention funding and any other funding whose guidelines request a public/private partnership and designate an agency to manage those funds or delegate this process to the Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness.
4. Use HMIS and other quantitative/qualitative data to understand the needs and changes in Chicago’s homeless system, review the progress and impact of the priorities and strategies of Chicago’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness, to inform local priorities for the SuperNOFA funding, and to identify and promote with appropriate stakeholders new ways to respond.
5. Adopt other functions as appropriate.
Scope of Work
While the Chicago Planning Council on Homelessness (CPCH) does not have the authority or capacity to perform work, it is the intention of the CPCH to understand in the broadest sense, the progress on systems change envisioned in Chicago’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness.
The scope of work for the CPCH can most clearly be seen in relation to function #4 above. Rather than evaluate specific programs, services, and tasks, the CPCH would review data collected by the Chicago Alliance and staff of the City of Chicago to determine progress and impact of various strategies on ending homelessness. For example, the CPCH would not evaluate the operation of the Homelessness Prevention Call Center. Rather it might review how this strategy impacted prevention of homelessness.
Composition & Meeting Minutes
The Chicago Planning Council on Homelessness is comprised of 23 members representing the following groups: members of the Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness (including consumers, providers and members of the Alliance Board of Directors), members designated by government entities, and members representing private funders.
Connie Bacon - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Arturo Bendixen - Chicago Alliance - Board of Directors
Kathy Booton Wilson - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Nonie Brennan - Chicago Alliance - CEO
Molly Burke - Chicago Public Schools
John Cheney Egan - Illinois Dept. of Children and Family Services
Sherri Allen Reeves - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Randall Doubet King - Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness, Board of Directors
Dennis Flint - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Fred Friedman - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
David Granberry - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Luz Hein - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Mary Howard - Chicago Housing Authority
Jim Lewis - Chicago Community Trust
Felix Matlock - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Audalee McLoughlin - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Khen Nickele - Illinois Dept. of Human Services
John Pfeiffer - Chicago Dept. of Family and Support Services
Debbie Reznick - Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness, Board of Directors
Richard Rowe - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Erin Ryan - Service Providers Commission
Cary Steinbuck - Chicago Low-Income Housing Trust Fund
Ed Stellon - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Gwendolyn Turner - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Sabrina Christmas-Washington - Chicago Alliance - Service Proviers Commission
Amber Damerow - Chicago Public Schools
David Esposito - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Russel LeBlanc - Veterans Administration
Becki Martello - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Maura McCauley - Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
Ellen Ray - Chicago Alliance - Service Providers Commission
Tahtia K. Smalling - IL Department of Human Services
Larry Smith - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Arloa Sutter - Chicago Low Income Housing Trust Fund
Deonna Wheeler - Chicago Housing Authority
Dorothy Yancy - Chicago Alliance - Consumers Commission
Recent Planning Council Meeting Minutes:
Special July 2012